Westwind School Division # 74 invites applications for the following teaching positions for the 2018/2019 school year:
STIRLING SCHOOL (Competition No. SS-06-2018-TCHR)
- 1 Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Probationary position to teach Jr High Language Arts, Social Studies, PE, options, Elem Math & High School CTS
MT VIEW SCHOOL (Competition No. MTV-06-2018-TCHR)
1 Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Probationary position, to teach in Division 1 (Kindergarten – Gr 3)
MAGRATH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (COMP NO. MES-06-2018)
1 Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Probationary position to teach grade 3
RAYMOND HIGH SCHOOL (Competition No. RHS-06-2018-TCHR)
1 Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Probationary position to teach High School Social Studies, with a possibility of teaching math or science at lower high school level.
All positions will hire applicants with the following qualities:
- Creating positive student, staff, parents, and community relationships with all school stakeholders at all times.
- Excellence in understanding and teaching literacy and numeracy.
- Having a deep and solid understanding of student assessment formative, inclusion, and differentiation.
- Understand outcomes-based reporting.
- Continually demonstrating teacher professionalism and being a life-long learner.
- Being involved and engaged in all elements of our school and their student programs.
- Commanding a solid understanding of mastery teaching and student intervention strategies.
- Participating and being positively involved in onsite and divisional collaboration opportunities.
- Being comfortable using technology as a tool to improve/intervene with student learning.
- Successful candidates must hold a valid Alberta Teacher Teaching Certificate.
The successful candidates will be required to provide a criminal record check and child welfare check before employment begins.
Please note competition number, specifying exactly which position(s) you are applying for and forward letter of application, resume and 3 written references to:
Mr. Ken Sommerfeldt, Superintendent of Schools Westwind School Division No. 74 Box 10, 445 Main Street Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0 FAX: (403) 653-4641 or email to: email@example.com
Applications to be received no later than NOON FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2018
The competition will remain open until suitable candidates are selected. Only short-listed candidates will be required to submit a criminal record check and a child welfare check and TQS.