Westwind School Division # 74 Invites applications for the 1.0 FTE temporary position of TEACHER at Stirling School (SS-11-2017-TCHR)
- Full-Time Temporary Junior High School Social Studies, Science & Math Teacher
- This position will start February 1, 2018, & conclude June 30, 2018.
The successful candidates will have:
- a sound understanding of formative & summative assessment practices
- a sound understanding of curriculum and reporting outcomes
- The successful candidates will be able to lead in adolescent literacy and develop protocol for needs of all levels of readers
- The successful candidates will:
- have a Science, Social Studies or Math major or experience teaching Science Social Studies or Math
- be willing to work cooperatively with others
- work with Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Literacy skills, and reading intervention will be an asset for this position
- General considerations will include a strong understanding of Professional Learning Communities and how teaching strategies, assessment for and of learning, differentiation and interventions are all intertwined to produce positive student learning. The successful applicants will be able to use technology as a tool to improve student learning. Experience an asset.
- Successful candidates must hold a valid Alberta Teacher Teaching Certificate.
- The successful candidates will be required to provide a criminal record check and child welfare check before employment begins.
Please forward cover letter, resume and 3 written letters of references to:
Mr. Ken Sommerfeldt, Superintendent of Schools
Westwind School Division No. 74 Box 10, 445 Main Street
Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0
FAX: (403) 653-4641 or email to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: NOON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2017
All applications received by the deadline will be considered.
However, only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.