Competition No. MES-05-2017-TCHR
Westwind School Division invites applications for two temporary full-time positions covering parental leaves at Magrath Elementary School:
- One temporary position for the 2017-2018 school year or the return of the teacher, whichever comes first, and
- One temporary position until March 2018 or the return of the teacher, whichever comes first.
All Elementary positions will hire applicants with the following qualities:
- Successful candidate will have excellence in literacy instruction, Elementary Literacy Courses would be an asset
- Successful candidate will be a passionate life long learner
- Successful candidate will be a master teacher or driven to become one
- Elementary Literacy Courses would be an asset
- Successful candidate will be a collaborative evidence based professional
- General considerations for all positions will include a strong understanding of Professional Learning Communities and how teaching strategies, assessment for and of learning, differentiation and interventions are all intertwined to produce positive student learning. The successful applicants will be able to use technology as a tool to improve student learning. Experience an asset.
Successful candidates must hold a valid Alberta Teacher Teaching Certificate and will be required to provide a criminal record check and child welfare check before employment begins.
Please note competition number, specifying exactly which position(s) you are applying for and forward letter of application, resume and 3 written references to:
Please forward cover letter, resume, and three written professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
Mr. Ken Sommerfeldt, Superintendent of Schools
Westwind School Division
Box 10, 445 Main Street
Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received prior to noon on May 15, 2017 are assured of careful consideration.
The competition will remain open until suitable candidates are selected.