Westwind School Division # 74 invites applications for the position of:
FAMILY SCHOOL LIAISON COUNSELOR(S)
- 1.0 FTE – Magrath Area (Competition No. FSLC-08-2017-MAG)
- This is a Temp position for the 2017/2018 school year or the return of the employee being replaced. Position to start September 1, 2017, and conclude June 30, 2018 OR upon the return of the employee being replaced.
- 1.0 FTE – Cardston Area (Competition No. FSLC-08-2017-CRD)
- 0.5 FTE Spring Glen Elementary & Spring Glen Jr High Area (Competition No. FSLC-08-201-SGS)
- 0.5 FTE Stirling Area (Competition No. FSLC-08-2017-STR)
- These 3 position start September 1, 2017, and are 1-year term positions for the 2017/2018 school year, with the hope they will continue on.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in psychology, social work, or other human services area. Candidates who have a Masters degree in counselling or a related area are preferred.
The successful candidate will possess the training and experience to
- counsel with individual students, families, and agencies to facilitate positive educational experiences.
- engage parents in the educational process,
- provide therapeutic counselling to students in crisis
- work closely with school administrators and staff members within a collaborative framework.
- The successful candidate will have a strong background in counselling youth
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and child welfare check before employment begins.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com, quoting the competition number. Please address the cover letter to:
Superintendent of Schools
Westwind School Division
PO Box 10, 445 Main Street
Cardston, AB T0K 0K0
The deadline for applications is noon, Friday, August 11, 2017. All applications received by the deadline will be considered, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Rick Gilson, Assistant Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org.