Westwind School Division invites applications for the following temporary Teaching position
WESTWIND ALTERNATE SCHOOL (Competition No. WAS-08-2017-TCHR)
1 Full-time (1.0 FTE) position (Temporary) at the Westwind Alternate School, Cardston Campus
This position will commence August 28, 2017, & conclude June 30, 2018, OR the return of the teacher, whichever comes first
·The successful candidate will:
- have the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people (students, parents, staff, social works, etc) – easy going, compassionate, sense of humor, patient, tolerant & flexible
- have an entrepreneurial spirit with a sense of purpose in teaching diverse students, recognizing that students learn in different ways & teachers must be prepared for that challenge
- be competent in, & have experience teaching Industrial Standard Technologies, Sound Studio (recording technologies), CALM & Life Skills, Credit Boot Camp (around CALM), CTS Courses
- have experience working with FNMI students
- have knowledge of strategies to help students handle challenging life situations, mental health concerns, anxiety and stress.
- have a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate.
- The successful candidates will be required to provide a criminal record check and child welfare check before employment begins.
Please note competition number and forward letter of application, resume and 3 written references to:
Mr. Ken Sommerfeldt, Superintendent of Schools
Westwind School Division No. 74
Box 10, 445 Main Street
Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0
FAX: (403) 653-4641
or email to:
Applications to be received no later than: NOON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2017
- All applications received by the deadline will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be required to submit a criminal record check and a child welfare check and TQS.