WESTWIND SCHOOL DIVISION #74
Invites applications for the position of: 2 SECONDARY BAND/MUSIC TEACHERS, GR 6-12
for CARDSTON Jr HIGH SCHOOL/CARDSTON HIGH SCHOOL (Competition No. CHS-03-2018-BAND TCHR)
MAGRATH Jr/Sr HIGH SCHOOL (Competition No. MHS-03-2018-BAND TCHR)
Both positions are probationary for the 2018/2019 year
Westwind School Division is currently seeking highly enthusiastic individuals to carry forward an exceptional band, music and fine arts program at the Cardston Jr & Sr High Schools, as well as the Magrath Jr/Sr High School. The candidates will demonstrate the ability to structure and organize a secondary band program and enrich the musical skills and abilities of all students. Successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics and be able to articulate their vision of a successful band program for multiple ages and abilities.
- Passionate about music, developing potential, creating a culture and love of music and performance.
- Develop and apply lesson plans and assessment strategies for band students in grades 6-12.
- Apply strategies to encourage students to participate in band and work to develop and promote an exceptional band program.
- An ability to foster positive relationships with all students based on their individual musical abilities and diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate strong ability as a music conductor
- Participate in multiple musical performances and celebrations such as: Music Festivals, Band Tours, Retreats, Community events, School-based Concerts.
- Organize, maintain and purchase instruments, music and uniforms as needed. Repair instruments and develop an ongoing structure to replace older instruments.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and collaborative opportunities to enhance the musical experience of all learners.
Details particular to the Magrath position
- Work with Summer Marching Band
- Work with choir programs
- Possibility to work in a theatre program would be an asset
Successful candidates must qualify for or hold a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate.The successful candidates will be required to provide a criminal record check and child welfare check before employment begins
Please forward letter of application and resume to:
Mr. Ken Sommerfeldt Superintendent of Schools Westwind School Division No. 74
Box 10, 445 Main Street Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0
FAX: (403) 653-4641 or email to: email@example.com
Applications to be received no later than: NOON, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2018
All applications received by the deadline will be considered. However, only short-listed candidates will be notified.