LEARNING COMMONS/LIBRARIAN AT CARDSTON HIGH SCHOOL
(Competition No. LRNCMN/LIB-06-2018)
As part of the school’s Learning Commons Plan, promote and facilitate the use of quality learning resources in multiple formats and provide exposure to a wide variety of resources, promote literacy and numeracy, and develop students’ interests and competencies beyond the school setting.
- Provide support, space and resources for inquiry, and imagination in consultation with Administration and Learning Support Teacher.
- Provide support, resources, and opportunities for transferability of learning to support broad exploration and inquiry that leads to deeper learning.
- Support the use of technology for learning in order to enable creation, collaboration, and communication.
- Support student and staff access and guidance as part of the school Learning Commons Plan, promote and facilitate the use of quality print and digital learning resources in multiple formats that are reviewed to ensure they address a diverse range of student learning and developmental needs.
- · As part of the school’s Learning Commons Plan, promote and facilitate the use of high quality learning resources in order to support instruction and self- directed reading along with the school literacy plan.
- · Promote literacy within your school community, which includes but is not limited to: Reading to students, facilitating readers and authors, Book Fairs, Book Clubs, Displays, Website/blog
- · Work collaboratively in the selection and acquisition of material for the learning commons in consultation with Administration and/or the school based Learning Commons Committee.
- · Manage all print and digital learning resources.
- · Facilitate volunteer help in the Learning Commons. This will also be to direct groups of students with similar needs.
- Assist with the supervision of students in the learning commons. Provide academic assistance to students within the Learning Commons that may come with a large range of academic needs that may be subject specific.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by administration. This would include developing the vision of the Learning Commons as it moves forward.
- This position is 26 hours/week, 4 days/week.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and child welfare check before employment begins
Please forward cover letter, resume & three references to:
Mr. Ken Sommerfeldt, Superintendent of Schools
Westwind School Division No. 74
Box 10, 445 Main Street Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0
FAX: (403) 653-4641
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: NOON, FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2018
All applications received by the deadline will be considered. However, only short-listed candidates will be notified.