Have you ever wondered how technology is really impacting your child's brain? The Westwind Early Coalition Group is pleased to present the following information sessions in Raymond, Magrath and Cardston. Please phone the numbers listed or for more information.
Westwind schools are open today! Please remember:
- Parents always have the right to choose whether or not to send their children to school and need to make decisions about attendance based on their individual circumstances.
- Bus operators have the authority to decide if they will run... If they are unable to do so, they will let our transportation department know and call their route families. This information will be posted on our website.
- Dress warm, slow down, drive safe! See you at school!
The Board of Trustees is revisiting Westwind’s current mission and vision, and they want your opinion! http://bit.ly/2C8uuqF
Schools will be open in Westwind today...please dress appropriately and drive safe!
A few additional notes:
Westwind respects that parents have the first and primary role to decide if their children will attend school.
Bus Operators have the authority to decide if they are able to run their routes... If they are unable to run, they are to call the families on their route and notify Westwind Transportation.
We are aware of the winter conditions and advisories from environment Canada and transportation.
Snow fall across Westwind began about 4:15 AM this morning and remains light at this time.
From everything we can interpret, we are going to experience a snow fall event, rather than blizzard conditions today.
We will be monitoring the conditions continuously to inform decision making for tomorrow.
Winter snowfall warnings are issued when accumulations are expected to reach 10 cm or more... and the forecasted wind speeds remain moderate.
The decision to have schools open is based on significant information received from a variety of sources including Transportation, Environment Canada, Highway cameras, and personal conversations in each of the communities in Westwind.
Stay warm, everyone!
Westwind School Division has been working with Administrators, Trustees, Principals and School Councils to develop a draft of the 2018-2019 WWSD School Calendar. It is important for Westwind to gather input from our students, staff and parents on the calendar to best meet the needs of our school communities. There are 2 versions of the calendar that are currently being considered and links to each can be found below.
KEY DATES ON PROPOSED CALENDARS
- September 4, 2018 - First day for students
- December 21, 2018 – Last day for students before Christmas
- December 24-January 6 - Christmas break
- January 7, 2019 - First day of classes after Christmas
- February 18-22, 2019 - Family Day/Teachers Convention Week
- April 19-26, 2019 Easter Break
- June 21, 2019 – Last day for students grades 1-9
- June 27, 2019 – Last day for high school students
HAVE YOUR SAY
Please send your feedback via email: email@example.com, or regular mail:
Westwind School Division
PO Box 10
All input will be reviewed and considered before the 2018-2019 School Calendar is approved. Please provide any feedback you have by February 27, 2018.
Thank you in advance for your input, it is important the school calendar represent the needs of our communities. The Board of Trustees will consider a final draft of the calendar for adoption at the March 7, 2018 regular board meeting.
Westwind schools are open today! Here is some additional information from our Superintendent:
1. Parents always have the right to choose whether or not to send their children to school and need to make those decisions based on their individual circumstances.
2. Snow accumulations in the Eastern half of the division are approaching a foot. There is a fair bit less in the West.
3. I have conferred with Westwind transportation, and some busses have indicated that they will not be running today. Please check our website for bus updates.
4. Bus operators have the authority to decide if they can run... If they are unable to do so, they are to call their route families and let transportation know and that information will be posted on our website.
5. Dress warm, slow down, drive safe!
Looks like the Groundhog was right. Winter will be here a little bit longer. Stay warm, everyone!