In recognition of our longstanding partnership with Alberta Health Services, please be advised that the AHS COVID-19 School Immunization Program has now launched across Alberta. More information on this program can be found in this Alberta Health Services parent letter.
It is important for families to know:
- All staff and students born in 2009 or earlier (turning 12+) can get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Immunizations will be available through temporary clinics in schools for students in Grades 7 to 12 as well as teachers and staff.
- Students, teachers and staff can receive whichever dose they are eligible for in-school at this time. However, if they receive their first dose at the in-school clinic, they will need to book their second dose at a local pharmacy or Alberta Health Services (AHS) clinic when it is time to do so.
- Students under 18 will not be vaccinated in schools without parent or guardian consent.
For families who choose to participate in the provincial school immunization program:
- Print and complete the required consent form and return the form under confidential cover to the school office and/or your teacher prior to Monday, September 13, 2021. Due to privacy considerations, we ask that this form not be sent electronically.
- Your school will coordinate with AHS and inform you of the immunization clinic scheduling details in advance.
For families who choose to NOT participate in the provincial school immunization program:
- No action is required. Students under 18 will not be vaccinated in schools without parent or guardian consent.
For more information on the AHS School Immunization Program please contact Alberta Public Health.
Westwind School Division