We are receiving questions this morning about staff and students returning to school following international travel. PLEASE NOTE: Unvaccinated staff and students, including those under the age of 12, must not attend school for 14 days after returning to Canada.
Here's what you need to know, based on government guidelines:
- Fully vaccinated staff members and students can return to school with no restrictions in place.
- Unvaccinated staff or students over 12 years of age are not allowed to attend school for 14 days and must follow the current federal government quarantine requirements found at: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html
- Unvaccinated students less than 12 years of age who travelled with the fully vaccinated parents:
- Parents/children will be told at the border that they are not required to quarantine
- Even though they aren't required to quarantine, they still CANNOT attend school for the next 14 days.
- Relevant information can be found at: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/awareness-resources/unvaccinated-children-under-12-without-symptoms-travelling-fully-vaccinated-parents-guardians.html
- Parents requiring more information are encouraged to phone 811.
Please continue to use the COVID-19 Alberta Daily Health Checklist (for Children Under 18) daily.