Administrative Procedure 210
The Kindergarten program provides a solid foundation for the education of students and the Division will assure access to a program in the Division by all eligible students.
- The Division may provide at minimum the recommended program as funded by Alberta Education to all eligible students in the Division.
- In order to provide a Kindergarten program, the Division may:
- Require students to attend a program in another nearby school; or
- Combine Kindergarten with the grade one (1) program in the school.
- Each Principal shall hold a spring meeting of the parent(s) of students eligible for Kindergarten to:
- Outline the Division program to be offered in the fall;
- Obtain registration of those interested in the program.
- Each Principal is authorized to establish and announce at the spring meeting a Kindergarten fee which shall cover supplemental local costs associated with the program.
- The Division may assess a fee for all students attending Kindergarten.
- The divisional fee for kindergarten students is $60.
Section 3,21,32,41,52,53,197,222 Education Act
Early Childhood Regulation 31/2002
Funding Manual for School Authorities
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Standards for Special Education
Standards for the Provision of Early Childhood Special Education
Kindergarten Program Statement
Approved: March 12, 1996
Amended: November 3, 2009; August 21, 2018