Administrative Procedure 362
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT PLACEMENT
As a student advances from elementary and junior high school to high school, student advancement shifts from grade level to course level. The Principal is authorized to place a student in a particular course or particular program in harmony with the following procedures.
- High school services which may result in alteration or modification of a student's regular program include:
- Knowledge and Employability Courses (See Administrative Procedure 214).
- Challenge examinations;
- Dual Credit, RAP, Green Certificate programming
- Waiver of prerequisite requirements;
- Evaluation of out-of-province courses/credits.
- Student placement shall take place following consultation with:
- The student;
- The parent(s) of the student if under eighteen (18) unless the student is declared independent;
- Appropriate teachers, counsellors, or Assistant Superintendent, Student Services, if required.
- Students requiring special services for placement purposes shall contact the Principal who shall follow the principles and procedures outlined in Alberta Education Regulations for the specific service requested.
- All decisions in regards to student placement may be appealed to the Superintendent.
Section 12, 18, 20, 22, 23, 39, 45, 45.1, 47, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Approved: January 9, 1996
Amended: November 13, 2000; August 21, 2018