Administrative Procedure 454
Appendix: Evaluation of Secretary-Treasurer
The Superintendent shall provide a process for the annual evaluation Secretary-Treasurer in harmony with the following procedures.
- The areas of evaluation shall be consistent with those outlined in Administrative Procedure 454, any specific responsibilities outlined in the contract and/or any responsibilities delegated by the Superintendent.
- The intent and spirit of evaluation shall be focused on ensuring the integrity of business and accounting procedures and address areas of concern and recognition for areas in which proficiency is evidenced.
- Formal Evaluation Process
- The formal evaluation process shall be established within five (5) months of the appointment of the Secretary-Treasurer and upon initiation of any subsequent formal evaluation.
- There shall be mutual agreement between the Superintendent and Secretary-Treasurer relative to the schedule and processes for the formal evaluation, including:
- Evaluation format,
- Process for gathering information,
- Target date for completion.
- The first formal evaluation shall take place in the first full year of the appointment and may be contracted to a third-party, mutually agreed upon by the Superintendent and the Secretary-Treasurer.
- Formative Evaluation Process
- Each informal evaluation of the Secretary-Treasurer shall occur in years in which a formal evaluation is not conducted and be conducted by the Superintendent.
- The purpose of the formative evaluation process shall be to improve the caliber and effectiveness of the Secretary Treasurer’s contribution to the educational services provided in the Division and functioning of the senior administrative team.
- The Secretary-Treasurer and the Superintendent will meet annually to discuss and agree on the evaluation process including format and timing for the evaluation.
- Formative evaluations shall correspond to and be completed prior to the annual evaluation of the Superintendent.
- Criteria for evaluation shall be those responsibilities assigned by Administrative Procedure 454 and/or those delegated by the Superintendent.
- The formative evaluation shall be based primarily upon
- Fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Success in achieving the goals of his/her Annual Professional Growth Plan.
- All evaluations shall be presented at a closed meeting of the Board and are not intended for public release.
Sections 60, 61, 96, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Employment Standards Code
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Labour Relations Code
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Teaching Profession Act
Approved: February 4, 2014
Amended: August 21, 2018