- Registered Psychologist – College of Alberta Psychologists (December 2018)
- MEd in Counselling Psychology – University of Lethbridge (convocation May 2013)
- Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Certification (EAGALA) – (Sept. 2013 – present)
- National Association of School Psychologists – New Member (2013 – 2017)
- Psychologists’ Association of Alberta – Student membership (2011 – present)
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association – Member (2011-2015)
- Canadian Psychological Association – Member (2011-present)
- CACUSS/CADSPPE member – Canadian Association of College and University Student Services/Canadian Association of Disability Service Providers in Post-Secondary Education (2010 - 2013)
- PSPSD member – Post-Secondary Service Providers for Students with Disabilities
- (2007 – 2012)
- Learning Disability Specialist Graduate Certificate – Cambrian College, Sudbury Ontario (2005 Adaptive Technology certification) (2008 Learning Strategist certification)
- A. in Philosophy – University of Lethbridge (2002)
- Intensive Adaptive Technology Training – University of Alberta (2008)
- Registered School Psychologist, Westwind School Division, 2013-Present
- Registered Psychologist, Family Ties Association 2018-Present
- Grad Assistantship Research Assistant, University of Lethbridge – 2011-2013
- Assistive Services Coordinator, Lethbridge College, 2010-2011
- Learning Strategist/Adaptive Technology Specialist, Lethbridge College, 2007-2010
- School Technology Assistant, Lethbridge School Division, 2007
- Educational Strategist and Disability Services Assistant, University of Lethbridge, 2005-2007
- Student Support, School District #51, 2002-2005
Slomp, M., Bernes, K. & Caldwell. L. (2012). Increasing opportunities for career education and exploration for students in grades 1-12. In F. Doyran (Ed.), Research on teacher education and training (pp. 189-216). Athens, Greece: Athens Institute for Education and Research.
Smith, A., Bernes, K. B., & Caldwell, L. M. (In Press). Career planning integration with health and life skills and English language arts at the grade 6 level. The Alberta Counsellor.
VanGeel, K., Bernes, K. B., & Caldwell, L. M. (In Press). Career planning integration with language arts, social studies, art, health, information and communication technology at the grade 1 level. The Alberta Counsellor.