Westwind's Wellness theme for December is MANAGING STRESS.
Canadian Association of Mental Health states that “stress is a normal response to situational pressures or demands and is a part of everyday life. But chronic stress can lead to mental health problems and medical issues”.
Long-term stress can increase our risk factors for:
- anxiety and depression
- substance use problems
- sleep problems
- muscle tension
- gastrointestinal problems
- high blood pressure
- cardiovascular disease
Learn more HERE.
If you need some support heading into what can sometimes be a stressful holiday season, there are several support lines & smartphone apps available to help with managing stress.
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868, Text-686868 or Always There App.
- Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-4566 or text 45645.
- Youper App - Emotional Health Assistant
- Calm App - Guided Relaxation Activities