Students may enroll in up to 10 credits in any combination of Summer School Courses.
- Career and Life Management (CALM) (3 credits)
- Physical Education 10, 20, 30 (3 or 5 credits)
- Workplace Safety (HCS 3000) (1 credit)
- Work Experience 15, 25, 35 (up to 10 credits / 25 hours = 1 credit)
- Note: the course - Workplace Safety (HCS 3000) (one credit) is required as a prerequisite for W/E.
- Note: A workplace site inspection report by our teacher, as well as other documentation, is required prior to starting this course.
- Social Studies 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, *30-1, *30-2
- English 10 - 1, 10 - 2, 20 - 1, 20 - 2
- Science 10, 14, 24, Biology 20, Chem 20
- Math 10C, 10 - 3, 20 - 1, 20 - 2, 20 - 3
*Social Studies 30-1 & 30-2 are the only Diploma exam courses being offered. This will be an in-person class that will take place at Magrath High School.
- Teacher: Mrs. Kara Baldwin
- Dates: July 4th - 28th (Mondays - Thursdays, 8:30 am - 12:30 pm)
- In-person, real-time, attendance is required, at Magrath High School or by ZOOM.
Diploma Exams: Part (A) Wednesday, August 3rd, 9:00 am and Part (B) Monday, August 8th, 9:00 am. Diploma Exams will be written at WWSD Board Office in Cardston.
All Other Courses: All courses other than Socials 30-1, 30-2 will be delivered in a Distributed Learning / Digital format using the Hapara platform (Hapara tutorials will be provided). (Think ‘ADLC modules’, digitally). Students will work from home and have access to teacher support via Hapara, email, and ZOOM. There will be no in-person attendance requirements. Teachers will have posted open office hours and tutorial times.
- Teacher for Math, Science, PE & CALM: Mr. Scott Quinton
- Teacher for English, Socials, PE & CALM: Mr. Connor Ralph
- Teachers will be available July 4th - 28th (Mondays - Thursdays, 8:30 am - 12:30 pm)
- Once students have had their enrollment confirmed, they will be able to access their course materials in mid-May and are advised to begin their studies then. (Core Courses). It would be a good goal to have about ⅓ of coursework completed as they move into July.
For more information about summer school, please contact Mr. Mike DeVuyst, Principal - Westwind Alternate School
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com