The Local Authorities Election Act, states that a person is eligible to be nominated as a candidate in any election under this Act if on nomination day the person
(a) is eligible to vote
(b) has been a resident of the local jurisdiction and the ward, if any, for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding nomination day, and
(c) is not otherwise ineligible or disqualified
DISCLAIMER: It is the candidate’s responsibility to read and understand the legislation, or to seek appropriate legal or accounting advice from professionals as required. The candidate is responsible for ensuring that his or her campaign complies with all provincial laws.
- Elections 2021: Why Run for School Board Trustee?
- ASBA Trustee Election Guide/Campaign Manual
- Local Authorities Election Act
- Alberta Education School Board Election Information
- The Education Act lists eligibility requirements, trustee responsibilities amongst other legal requirements for trustees and candidates.
- The Local Authorities Election Act is the elections law currently governing school board trustee elections in Alberta.
- Municipal elections overview is the Government of Alberta’s webpage for election results, and election and post-election resources.
For more information please contact Peter Wright; Secretary-Treasurer at email@example.com.