Administrative Procedure 180
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
All procedures for the collection and storing of information by Division staff in the course of affairs and procedures regulating the release of information to other parties must follow provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
The purposes of FOIP and Division administrative procedures are to:
- Allow any person a right of access to the records in the custody or under the control of the Division subject to limited and specific exceptions as set out in the Act,
- Control the manner in which a public body may collect personal information from individuals, to control the use that the Division may make of that information and to control the disclosure by the Division of that information,
- Allow individuals, subject to limited and specific exceptions as set out in the Act, a right of access to personal information about themselves that is held by the Division,
- Allow individuals a right to request corrections to personal information about themselves that is held by the Division and,
- Provide for independent reviews of decisions made by the Division under the Act and the resolution of complaints under the Act.
- All employees shall complete an online course, through Public School WORKS, on the requirements of FOIP in schools.
- Pursuant to Section 95(a) of the Act, the Superintendent has been named the Head of the Local Public Body for the purposes of this legislation.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall act in the capacity of FOIP Coordinator with duties as outlined in Administrative Procedure 454 – Role of Secretary-Treasurer.
- Fee schedules will be set from time to time by the Head as outlined in Section 93.1 of FOIP.
- All persons making requests for the release of information shall be notified as to appeal provisions under this Act.
Section 33,52,53,65,68,197,222 Education Act
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
FOIP Regulation 200/95
FOIP and Technology Best Practices for Alberta School Jurisdictions
Approved: August 21, 2018