Administrative Procedure 210
Appendix: Early Childhood Program Eligibility
The Division provides an early childhood program to meet the needs of students who have been coded by appropriate assessment procedures.
- Coded students shall be admitted according to Alberta Education guidelines for Program Unit Funding (PUF) and Mild-Moderate Funding.
- Non-coded students may be accepted if space and time are available. These students must be at least four (4) years of age on September 1.
- Students with a birthday between September 2 and December 31 of the year of entry may be admitted after parental consultation with the Principal.
- Parental requests, including a written recommendation from the Principal, must be submitted in writing to the Assistant Superintendent, Student Services no later than June 30 of the school year preceding enrolment.
- Non-coded students are charged a fee for participation in pre-school programming.
Section 8, 16.2, 20, 30, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Early Childhood Regulation 31/2002
Funding Manual for School Authorities
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Standards for Special Education
Standards for the Provision of Early Childhood Special Education
Kindergarten Program Statement
Approved: December 20, 2005
Amended: April 3, 2012; August 21, 2018