Administrative Procedure 235
CONTINUING EDUCATION SERVICES
The Division supports the coordination of resources to offer comprehensive, meaningful courses of continuing education to adults in the communities.
- The Division shall assume responsibility for:
- The provision of accounting services for the acquisition and disbursement of grant monies;
- The provision of classroom facilities and office space;
- The processing of non-credit continuing education program grant application and claim forms;
- The provision of secretarial and other administrative services such as duplication and distribution of minutes;
- The designation of one (1) or more persons from the Division to serve as a voting member of the local Continuing Education Council;
- The designation of a co-ordinator to provide leadership and administrative service relative to continuing education.
- The coordinator, as an employee of the Division, shall among other responsibilities:
- Provide a liaison between Division and Continuing Education Council and the public and citizens of the area.
- Prepare all program approval forms.
- Prepare all program grant claim forms.
- Organize and operate all further education courses including:
- Preparation of course budgets;
- Establishment of facilities;
- Collection of tuition fees;
- Establishment of course instructors.
- Provide information on programs resources, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain course evaluation forms, instructor evaluation forms and resource inventories for use by the Council and Division.
- Identify continuing education needs in the community and use that information in program development.
- Obtain direction in program co-ordination by actively seeking out recommendations from the Council members.
- The Continuing Education Council shall:
- Develop programs to promote the concept of continuing education.
- Identify and assess community needs as they pertain to continuing education.
- Maintain an effective exchange of resource information among the Council members.
- Encourage each community representative to:
- Communicate regarding needs and priorities of area;
- Assist in course registration for the community;
- Attend council meetings regularly;
- Promote continuing education concept in area;
Assist co-ordinator if necessary to begin course.
Section 3,11,18,23,31,33,52,53,197,222 Education Actt
Approved: October 10, 1995
Amended: August 21, 2018