Administrative Procedure 406
CERTIFICATE OF GOOD HEALTH
Employees or prospective employees may be required to supply a certificate of good health signed by a qualified medical practitioner.
- Information collected for the purposes of employment shall be kept confidential.
- Prospective Employees
- Certificates of good health are not to be requested as part of the application employment information;
- Request for certificates of good health may be made by the Superintendent prior to the conclusion of a contract offer; and
- In the event that the state of health of the prospective employee significantly affects their ability to do the job, the Superintendent has the authority to withhold a contract of employment.
- Existing Employees
- Existing employees, during the period of their employment, shall provide a certificate of good health signed by a medical practitioner, if so requested by the Superintendent.
- When such a request is made, the Superintendent shall designate the medical practitioner and the Division shall pay the fee.
- When the medical certificate is required to qualify for sick leave with pay, the employee shall be responsible for medical fees.
Section 20, 60, 61, 113, 118 School Act
Alberta Human Rights Act
Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
Employment Standards Code
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Personal Information Protection Act
Working Alone Safely: A Guide for Employers and Employees
Approved: August 21, 2018