Administrative Procedure 541
NAMING OF FACILITIES
Naming a school, a portion of a school or a Division facility is a matter that deserves thoughtful attention.
- The Superintendent shall form a Committee for the naming of a school or a portion of a school.
- The Committee may have representation from the community at large, school administration, the local teaching staff, parents and students.
- The names considered shall:
- Have significance for the students, parents and the community of the particular facility;
- Be easily identifiable with the facility;
- Not be in conflict with the names of other facilities in the Division or surrounding districts;
- Be appropriate in terms of copyright and trademark provisions.
- Where possible, new facilities shall be assigned names before construction begins.
- The Board is responsible for approval of names of all Division-owned facilities.
Section 33,52,53,222 Education Act
Approved: August 21, 2018