Administrative Procedure 552
The Division welcomes the assistance of parents and other persons or organizations from the community in developing plans for playground equipment on school land, and in acquiring and installing the equipment.
- A letter of intent to develop a playground on a school site must be forwarded from the school council to the Operations and Maintenance Supervisor for approval.
- The Operations and Maintenance Supervisor and the Principal must also be involved in planning on behalf of the Division for the selection and placement of playground equipment on joint use grounds.
- Prior to the installations of any new playground equipment, the approval of the Secretary-Treasurer and the Principal must be obtained in writing in order that such factors as the following will be taken into account:
- Safety standards;
- Equipment maintenance;
- Grounds maintenance;
- Access to utility lines and other services;
- Student and vehicular traffic flow; and
- Fire lanes.
Section 33,51,52,53,68,197,222 Education Act
Approved: August 21, 2018