3 Full-Time 30 hr/wk Education Assistants RES-08-2022-EAs
Location: Raymond Elementary School
Competition #: 14995
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: August 4th, 2022
Closing Date: August 22nd, 2022 - 12:00pm
3 Educational Assistant positions are available at the Raymond Elementary School. The Full-Time positions include working with all grade levels for 2022/2023
Comp No. RES-08-2022-FTEA(3)
Education Assistants play an important role in student learning in Raymond Elementary School. As part of the school team, they often work with our most complex students. They work with students in inclusive settings within typical classrooms, specialized classes, and unique settings. They support students with cognitive, behavioral, social-emotional, and physical needs. An EA’s assignment may change from year to year or even within a year.
Under the direction of the teacher, an EA:
- Assists students requiring targeted and specialized support and services to effectively participate in the learning community.
- Facilitates and encourages the development of the student’s self-esteem and independence through established programs and techniques deemed appropriate for the individual student.
- Develops activities to increase social interactions and language development
- Provides input into planning the student’s Individual Program Plan. Participates as required as a member of the student’s learning team in periodic meetings with the students and parents/guardians to review goals and develop revisions. Collects data to support student growth and the IPP development.
- Supports students in accessing technology.
- Interacts positively with all children
- Can handle diverse situations
- Good communication, strong interpersonal skills, and a friendly/positive attitude are essential.
- Can work as part of a team working with students with behavioral issues and/or complex physical disabilities/development delays
- Works with students in various settings in the school and community, including assisting in supervising students at breaks or on field trips as required.
- As required, provides personal care, including toileting, diapering, feeding, dressing, grooming, etc., ensuring that student dignity is maintained. Attends to physical needs, including lifting, positioning, and range of motion programs as identified by the appropriate personnel.
- Current first aid certification is an asset
The successful candidates must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check before employment begins.
Please forward the cover letter, resume, and 3 references in 1 PDF Document.
Addressed to Mr. Darren Mazutinec, Superintendent of Schools
Westwind School Division
Box 10, 445 Main Street
Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0
And email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are to be received no later than
NOON, MONDAY, AUGUST 22, 2022