Location: Various Locations
Competition #: 6966
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: December 1st, 2018
Closing Date: December 19th, 2018 - 12:00pm
Occupational Health and Safety Officer, Division Office
The Livingstone Range School Division and Westwind School Division invite applications for the full time (1.0 FTE) position of Health and Safety Coordinator to coordinate the development and delivery of the Health and Safety program within both Divisions. Duties will commence as mutually agreed upon. As this is a shared position between the two divisions the successful candidate will report directly to the Associate Superintendent, Business Services for the Livingstone Range School Division and the Secretary-Treasurer for the Westwind School Division.
The Health and Safety Coordinator will be involved in the overall development, implementation and monitoring of the health and safety program in the Livingstone Range School Division and the Westwind School Division. Both divisions are committed to working with the successful candidate and each other to enhance the current safety programs and provide a program that is sustainable and that consistently meets legislated requirements as well as the needs of all students and staff.
- Promote health and safety as a value associated with every priority in the Division.
- Ensure that all legislative requirements, specifically the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code, are met in all Division operations
- Coordinate the implementation of the division’s program and track it to ensure goals and objectives are met each year
- Collect and analyze data and information to inform planning, prevention, and program development
- Maintain incident reporting statistics
- Track, coordinate and/or facilitate training opportunities for division staff
- Assist in the development of safe operating procedures
- Assist in carrying out inspections of workplaces and takes necessary action to ensure compliance
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations
- Coordinate regular meetings with project safety team/committee to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events
- Advise the Division leadership teams and Boards regarding OH & S policy and strive to implement program plans and strategies that align policy, procedures and practice.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Required: Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and interpretation; hazards and work activities associated with the employer and contractor worksites as well as knowledge of records management principles and the collection of appropriate safety documentation.
- Preferred: Proficient in Microsoft software programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook). Strong teamwork skills with the ability to perform complex tasks on own initiative using considerable judgment. Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Occupational Health and Safety Diploma, plus two years of related experience
- A designation such as Board of Canada Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) is an asset
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For further information please contact Ken Sampson, Deputy Superintendent, at 403-625-3356. Apply online at http://lrsd.ca/Careers.php . This competition will close on Wednesday, December 19, 2018, at 2:00 pm or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the Deputy Superintendent or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the applicant has listed a reference for that employer.
Mr. Ken Sampson, Deputy Superintendent
Livingstone Range School Division #68
410 – 20th Street East; P.O. Box 1810
Fort Macleod, AB T0L 0Z0