Westwind School Division will be a collaborative community of engaged learners that inspires all students to realize their full and complete potential.
The mission of Westwind School Division is to foster engaging and student-centred learning environments that will inspire each student to strive for personal excellence and allow all learners to thrive.
- Continual Learning: We provide high-quality learning opportunities for all and will continuously collaborate to empower, challenge, and inspire every student and employee to be a successful and continual learner.
- Excellence: We desire and constantly pursue excellence and hold high expectations for students, staff, and ourselves. We establish and communicate high student expectations regarding academics, attendance, achievement, behaviour, citizenship, and extracurriculars.
- Relationships: We prioritize and foster strong, respectful relationships in the communities we serve and continually seek to strengthen those relationships by demonstrating integrity, respect, trustworthiness, collaboration, and transparency in everything we do.
- Empathy: We teach and model empathy in our schools and continuously strive to build safe, caring, and inclusive learning environments that foster kindness and compassion.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Our values guide our behaviour, structure our operations and shape our Division strategies. For every decision we make, we will hold ourselves accountable to these values, and ask:
- Is this what’s best for our students?
- Will this help us build trust and improve relationships?
- How will this decision further education, inform practice and enhance learning?
Legal Reference: Preamble, Section 3, 7, 11, 18, 25, 27, 33, 35.1, 51, 52, 53, 67, 222 Education Act
Fiscal Planning and Transparency Act
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Policy and Requirements for School Board Planning and Reporting
School Authority Planning and Reporting Reference Guide
Approved: August 21, 2018
Reviewed: October 2019