The staff at each school share in the supervision of the students during school hours and at all school-related activities, as assigned by the Principal.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Principal to work out a supervision schedule that includes:
- Before school, recesses, noon hour and after school.
- Both inside and outside the school.
- Loading and unloading school buses.
- During extra or co-curricular activities.
- The type and amount of supervision shall vary according to the age and type of activity the students are involved in.
- Teachers are assigned to be at school fifteen (15) minutes before the first bell and to remain for at least fifteen (15) minutes after the final bell, to be available to provide general supervision of students and to be available to assist students.
- With the permission of the Superintendent, support staff and/or volunteers may be approved for some of the supervision responsibility.
- The Principal shall post at regular intervals a supervision schedule that complies with this Administrative Procedure
Section 3,11,31,32,33,36,37,52,53,55,196,197,222,256 Education Act
Supporting Safe, Secure and Caring Schools in Alberta (1999)
Safety Guidelines for Physical Activity in Alberta Schools (1999)
A Safe Place: Creating Peaceful Schools (1994)
Approved: May 15, 1995
Amended: November 13, 2000; August 21, 2018