The Division appreciates the recognition of academic accomplishments in high school graduation ceremonies. Principals are required to develop and maintain procedures applicable to their school.
- Graduation ceremonies may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Guest Speaker;
- Valedictorian Address;
- Recognition of Graduates;
- Presentation of Certificates;
- Student Achievements / Scholarship;
- Principal’s Message;
- Board Message.
- The Board/School/School Council declines to be a sponsor or supporter of any activities outside the formal graduation ceremonies.
- Board members, Division Office staff, and other dignitaries will be recognized as part the graduation ceremony.
- Principals will correlate dates and notify the Superintendent no later than May 1.
Section 31,32,33,52,53,55,197,222 Education Act
Approved: June 22, 2004