Board Policy 6
ROLE OF THE VICE CHAIR
The Vice Chair shall be elected by the Board at its Organizational Meeting, and thereafter at any time determined by the Board, to hold office at the discretion of the Board.
- The Vice Chair shall act on behalf of the Board Chair, in the latter’s absence and shall have all the duties and responsibilities of the Board Chair.
- The Vice Chair shall assist the Board Chair in ensuring that the Board operates in accordance with its own policies and procedures and in providing leadership and guidance to the Board.
- Prior to each Board meeting, the Vice-Chair shall confer with the Board Chair and Superintendent on items to be included on the agenda, the order of these items and become thoroughly familiar with them.
- The Vice Chair shall be an alternate signing authority for the Division.
- The Vice Chair may be assigned other duties and responsibilities by the Board.
Section 33, 51, 52, 53, 64, 67 Education Act
Board Procedures Regulation
Approved: August 21, 2018
Reviewed: October 3, 2019