Guided by the Division's vision, mission, values, and goals, the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent will assist the Superintendent in fulfilling the general and specific aspects of the role description for the Superintendent as defined in the School Act and Board policy.
The Executive Assistant is directly responsible and accountable to the Superintendent.
The Executive Assistant will have specific responsibilities for:
- Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
- Processes correspondence for the Superintendent, including filing and archives of information.
- Assists the Superintendent in the preparations for the annual Superintendent's evaluation.
- Provides general administrative support for the Superintendent.
- Organizational Management
- Within areas of responsibility, demonstrates effective organizational skills resulting in compliance with all legal,Ministerial and Board mandates and timelines, and adherence to Superintendent directives.
- Manages the filing and archive system for all Board agreements.
- Organizes, maintains and updates Board and Executive Team calendars.
- Contributes to a Division culture which facilitates positive results, effectively handles emergencies, and supports crisis management efforts in a team-oriented, collaborative and cohesive fashion.
- Board Relations
- Provides logistical support to trustees and Senior level administration.
- Provides general assistance for special events for staff, schools and community.
- Superintendent Relations
- Establishes and maintains positive, professional working relations with the Superintendent.
- Honours and facilitates the implementation of the Board’s roles and responsibilities as defined in Board policy.
- Provides information which the Superintendent requires to perform its role in an exemplary fashion.
- Handles additional duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Professional Practices
- Models high standards of ethical conduct and a commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Represents the Division in a positive, professional manner.
- Models excellent time management skills and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Deals effectively with the public in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance.
- Demonstrates an ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and provides support for Board governance structures and Division priorities.
Section 60, 61, 96, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Employment Standards Code
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Labour Relations Code
Approved: August 21, 2018; August 2019