Administrative Procedure 111
DIVISION SCHOOL COUNCIL
The Division supports and encourages the formation of a Division School Council as a means to enhance the communications between the Board and school councils and among school councils.
- The prime functions of the Division School Council will be to:
- Provide an opportunity for school councils to share matters of philosophy, policies and procedures relative to the educational system;
- Enhance communication amongst the school councils, the Board and the community;
- Provide an opportunity for the school councils to collectively provide advice, and consider and make recommendations to the Board and the Government of Alberta on educational matters; and
- Share information on current educational developments affecting the system.
- Each school council will decide if they wish to have representation on the Division School Council. The representative designated shall be a member of the school council.
- The Division School Council will be composed only of those representatives identified by participating school councils.
- The Board will meet at least twice yearly with the Division School Council.
- Trustee(s) and the Superintendent plan and attend meetings of the Division School Council.
- The Division School Council has the opportunity to be a delegation at a Board meeting in accordance with Board Policy 7: Board Operations.
Section 33,52,53,55,197,222,251 Education Act
Approved: November 14, 1995
Amended: April 18, 2002; January 16, 2008; August 21, 2018