Early Learning Program
- This program is for children who will be 3.8 – 4.7 years of age on or before September 1st of the upcoming school year.
- Early Learning programs are not funded by Alberta Education so there is a fee for children to attend. The cost is $50/month or $500 for the year.
- Children are required to be fully toilet trained with some exceptions made for children with identified delays or medical needs.
- Registration for this program is done online through your local community school.
- A child who qualifies for PUF and is 3.8 to 4.7 years of age will be eligible for specialized supports and fees will be covered for this program through PUF.
- If you have questions about your child qualifying for PUF, please contact the Early Learning Supervisor/Coordinator or your Community Preschool Teacher.
Westwind offers Early Childhood Programs in six locations: Cardston Elementary School, Mountain View School, Spring Glen Elementary School, Magrath Elementary School, Raymond Elementary School and Stirling School.
For information regarding a specific program please contact the school closest to your home address.
Questions regarding children experiencing developmental delays prior to kindergarten entry should be directed to:
Sandi Letioa, Early Learning Supervisor, (403) 653-5634 (Cardston, Mountain View, Hillspring, Glenwood, Magrath)
Sue Heggie, Early Learning Coordinator, (403) 752-3004 (Raymond & Stirling)