The Division believes that a results-focused education system contributes to accountability and continuous improvement in education and that reports to all stakeholder groups, including, Alberta Education, student(s), parent(s) and the community, are important. Accordingly, the Division and each school shall annually prepare a Combined Three-Year Education Plan and Annual Education Results Report (AERR) for stakeholder accountability and perusal.
- The Combined Three-Year Education Plan and AERR will be developed annually according to Alberta Education requirements.
- The Division mission and vision will provide overall direction for system planning.
- Planning and reporting shall take place in the context of three-year plans and be up-dated annually, so that, as one year is completed, another is added.
- Division and school education plans and annual results reports, will be communicated to the communities they serve.
- Each Principal will submit a Combined Three-Year Education Plan and AERR to the Superintendent no later than November 1, in order to ensure coherence and alignment with the Division plan, which shall be presented to the Board for approval no later than November 30.
- School Education Plans and Annual Results Reports are public documents and must be kept on file at central office and at the school; these are to be made available to stakeholders on the school website and at the school, upon request.
- Division Combined Three-Year Education Plans and AERR
- Division education plans and annual results reports shall contain all elements required by Alberta Education and the Board.
- The Division Plan will include measures and strategies that ensure continuous improvement and address identified issues and concerns related to student learning and stakeholder satisfaction as reflected by annual Accountability Pillar Survey and provincial testing results.
- The Superintendent shall:
- Submit the Division Plan to the Board for approval;
- Ensure the Division Combined Three-Year Education Plan and AERR is submitted to Alberta Education in a form and at a time that meets requirements;
- Make provision for public distribution of the Combined Three-Year Education Plan and AERR and a Summary Report, including placement on the Division website.
- School Combined Three-Year Education Plans and AERR
- All School Combined Three-Year Education Plans and Annual Education Results Reports shall contain all elements required by Alberta Education and the Board.
- School Plans shall be updated annually with provision for ongoing input into the revision by stakeholder groups.
- School Plans will align with Division goals and priorities. School Plans will also include:
- Goals to address school-specific needs.
- Measures and strategies that ensure continuous improvement and to address identified issues and concerns.
- The School Three-Year Education Plan is to direct the development of the school budget.
- A copy of the School Plan shall be submitted to the Superintendent so it can be kept on file at central office.
- Principals will also keep a copy on file at the school and will post a copy of their plan on the school website, no later than November 15.
Section 18,33,51,52,53,55,66,67,222 Education Act
Approved: June 10, 2004
Amended: May 6, 2014; August 21, 2018