The school day must be structured to meet the requirements of Alberta Education and the educational needs of student(s).
- The school day shall be established to ensure:
- A minimum of nine hundred and fifty (950) hours instructional hours per year for grades 1-9.
- A minimum of one thousand (1000) instructional hours per year for grades 10-12, except where otherwise approved (i.e. High School Redesign project).
- Provision for teacher collaboration time.
- Provision for embedded professional learning.
- The Principal shall be responsible for developing the "school timetable".
- The timetable will be submitted to the Superintendent for approval.
- The school timetable shall take into account:
- The requirements of the School Act.
- The requirements of the Board.
- The age of the student(s).
- Busing schedules and distances.
- The diversity of communities.
- Student-centred learning opportunities.
Section 18,19,33,51,52,53,60,205,222 Education Act
Section 25 Employment Standards Code
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Approved: April 11, 1995
Amended: December 2, 2014; January 9, 2018; August 21, 2018