The Division provides an early childhood program to meet the needs of students who have been coded by appropriate assessment procedures.
- Coded students shall be admitted according to Alberta Education guidelines for Program Unit Funding (PUF) and Mild-Moderate Funding.
- Non-coded students may be accepted if space and time are available. These students must be at least four (4) years of age on September 1.
- Students with a birthday between September 2 and December 31 of the year of entry may be admitted after parental consultation with the Principal.
- Parental requests, including a written recommendation from the Principal, must be submitted in writing to the Assistant Superintendent, Student Services no later than June 30 of the school year preceding enrolment.
- Non-coded students are charged a fee for participation in pre-school programming.
Section 3, 21, 52, 53, 222 Education Act
Early Childhood Regulation 31/2002
Guide to Education: ECS to Grade 12
Alberta Education Inclusive Education Policy (2015)
Funding Manual for School Authorities
Standards for Special Education
Standards for the Provision of Early Childhood Special Education
Play, Participation and Possibilities: An Early Learning and Childcare Framework for Alberta (2015)
Alberta Education ECS Fact Sheets
Approved: December 20, 2005
Amended: April 3, 2012; August 21, 2018