The Division recognizes the right of all students to have access to a free educational program until the age of eighteen (18), effective September 1 of the school year involved. Other adult students will be subject to the following procedures.
- Students who are nineteen (19) years of age on September 1 of the involved school year may be admitted to school, subject to acceptance by the Principal, after consulting with the Superintendent.
- A student who is twenty (20) years of age or older on September 1 of the involved school year shall not be eligible for school enrolment unless:
- The Principal of the school is prepared to accept the student, and
- The student is prepared to pay a tuition fee equal to the credit unit grant for each credit taken while enrolled at the school.
- Adult students are encouraged to pursue further studies through programs such as G.E.D., Upgrading, and Community Adult Learning.
- The Principal shall, before accepting any adult student, consider carefully:
- Class size,
- Teacher preference,
- The student’s attitude and aptitude,
- The potential influence the student might have on the regular student body.
- All adult registrations shall be on a semester basis and continuation will depend largely upon a review of the items in section 4.
Section 3, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 30, 44, 45, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Approved: May 15, 1995
Amended: November 13, 2000; August 21, 2018