Support staff members are a vital component of the educational programs and services provided to students. As a component of the educational team, support staff members are expected to demonstrate the competencies required in their positions and to support Division services to recognize the uniqueness of every student in the school.
- In recruiting support staff, the following criteria shall be considered:
- Needs of Division students, and program needs, as perceived by Division administrative personnel;
- Provisions of current terms and conditions of employment;
- Candidate interests, knowledge, education, ability and skills;
- Candidate suitability and compatibility based upon past performance and experience; and
- Willingness to continue professional development growth.
- In deploying and, when necessary, transferring support staff members, the following criteria shall be considered:
- Student and program needs as perceived by Division administrative personnel;
- Experience, interests and training of support staff members;
- Staff request;
- Recommendation of the Principal; and
- Provisions of the current collective agreement.
- Transfers of currently employed support staff members will be considered before appointments are made from outside candidates.
- The Superintendent is responsible for approving the transfer of all Division support staff members.
Section 33,52,53,68,196,197,204,222,225 Education Act
Employment Standards Code
Labour Relations Code
Approved: August 21, 2018