The Principal is delegated the authority to issue school keys and security access codes to staff members. He/she, in turn, accepts responsibility for the security of the school and for ensuring that the school and grounds are used only for activities and purposes approved by the Division.
The Operations and Maintenance Supervisor is delegated the authority to issue keys and codes for all non-school buildings and is responsible for the security of non-school buildings.
- Principals are to establish the level of access to grounds and/or buildings for each of their employees or users and to distribute keys and security access codes according to established procedures.
Each Principal shall maintain a key and code inventory for the school.
- For purposes of security and maintenance, the Operations and Maintenance Supervisor has the sole responsibility for having keys cut and codes changed. The supply of master keys is to be kept to a minimum.
- Locks may be changed only by the Operations and Maintenance Supervisor and only after having received the concurrence of the Principal or the Superintendent.
- The Operations and Maintenance Supervisor shall maintain a key and code inventory for non-school buildings.
- No person shall disturb or interrupt the proceedings of the school.
- No person shall loiter or trespass in a school building or on property owned by the Division.
Section 33,52,53,68,197,222,225 Education Act
Petty Trespass Act
Approved: August 21, 2018