Equipment owned by the Division has been purchased with public funds, on a tax-exempt basis. As a result, the Division has a responsibility to ensure the equipment is used for the purpose for which it was intended.
Equipment and materials are to be used for educational purposes only.
- Use of equipment or materials by staff is not permitted unless this use directly supports the staff members' job-related functions.
- Staff members wishing to use school equipment for the preparation of lessons, materials, etc. are permitted to take such equipment home provided:
- Equipment is properly signed out;
- The Principal approves the out-of-school use;
- The equipment is returned promptly to the school to ensure its availability for use during the instructional day; and
- The person using the equipment is held liable for costs of repair or replacement required as a result of personal use.
Section 33,52,53,68,196,197,204,222,225 Education Act
Approved: August 21, 2018