Payments in-lieu of providing regular bus service shall be paid where recommended by the Transportation Supervisor and approved by the Superintendent in harmony with the following procedures.
- Payments shall be considered where:
- An extension distance is such that it would create excessive ride time and/or extremely early start time for other students on the bus route.
- The bus route has reached or already exceeds the recommended one (1) hour ride time.
- The road into the residence is not an all-season road, but is more than 2.4 km from the existing bus route.
- An existing bus route does not exist in the immediate area.
- The parent(s) shall be notified of the decision to provide “payment in lieu” of a bus service, identifying the reason(s) for the decision as well as the dollar amount.
- Dollar value will reflect the actual costs of regular Division bus service.
Section 4,11,33,36,37,52,53,59,59.1,68,197,222,225 Education Act
Approved: October 10, 1995
Amended: May 5, 2003; May 4, 2009; August 21, 2018